View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

For me personally, when you are at the point of needing a new computer, there is only one item that really justifies waiting. That is the imminent release of processors that would render the existing CPU line up basically obsolete. This would typically mean that they have already fallen into the hands of reviewers and we have testing and ratings available.

There is no word on the streets at this time of some new hardware from the big three which would relate to the existing hardware becoming obsolete: Intel, ATI/AMD, nVidia. This is as safe a time as any in the computer industry for buying new hardware.

At this time I don't really see what Apple could do to upgrade the MacBook or the MacBook Pro line. They are already including higher end processors than the windows notebook manufacturers at similar price points. Any upgrading to the major hardware in the notebooks at this time would push them above and beyond the price point of the competing windows market, although I am sure some would like to see a dedicated graphics board in the MacBook.

It could be 3-4 months and maybe longer before Leopard is out. It will be at least another 6-12 months before 3rd party software makers are designing their software specifically for Leopard and possibly a must have upgrade.

If you are going to be doing major graphics work, would really recommend the 256 MB video card with your purchase. RAM is easily upgradeable down the road.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks