View Single Post
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I chuckled a an article that said Apple makes Microsoft look like open source in comparison.

Just my 2 cents.
Geez I feel old...

I used a 1st gen Macintosh at work, as in, this was 1984. No joke.

Apple made it known that everyone who worked on the Mac had their signature embossed in the case. HOWEVER, to get inside you had to have this tool that looked not unlike a bit brace. They figured you had no reason whatsoever to be inside their machine. I'm amazed that the culture is such that I can switch my hard drive and RAM and not violate my warranty.

Apple wants you to buy from them and not know what's going on inside the pretty boxes. The comparison you mentioned makes sense.

At the same time, the machine works well. I come from the Windows/Unix/Linux world. There's value here, at least in my MacBook. I'll take a little hubris if justified.

Just my two bits...

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks