View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac57 View Post
But what about Mac OS formatted floppies? I don't know what format they used, but I know that it was not FAT (MS-DOS format). Does anyone know of a USB floppy drive that will read these things?
I know what you meant - what I was trying to say is that even if you had software that could read the format of the disks, I'm not sure that you could find the hardware to spin them properly. Modern floppy drives (and even those from years past) usually read data at a consistent spindle speed. What I was getting at is that I believe even the older Macs could format/read/write MS-DOS disks. If you can find an old Mac to read the disk, you could potentially copy the data from the Mac disks over to its hard drive, then copy them back to an MS-DOS formatted floppy.

Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it should be. There must be a way to read those disks.
QUOTE Thanks