View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

From all I have read/heard/seen about school Macs like that with Mac OS, the only way is with a boot CD. I could be wrong, but every search result I have found backs this up. I would suggest Ebay and find an 8.6-9 bootable install CD and purchase that. I had an 8.6 Factory CD I could sell you but a neighbor actually ripped it off out of my house! Amazing.

http://lowendmac.com/ppc/g3aio.shtml

That URL has a lot of info on that machine. You can install Jaguar but read it all very carefully. It will not boot unless the main partition is within the first 8GB of the Hard Drive and the CDROM has to be set to Master for it to boot!

Good luck
QUOTE Thanks