03-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I ordered a LaCie Big Disk Extreme (500 Gb), which is to arrive later this week.
I'm still new to Mac and its workings, so I would like your opinion on the following:
I'd want to partition this drive into 3 segments:
1) Backup (I'm slowly running out of space on my iDisk)
2) Time-Machine (when ever Leopard plans on being released)
3) Storing my files: Docs, music, movies, etc.
And here are the Questions:
1) What do I use to partition my drive?
2) How much space should I allocate for Time-Machine?
3) What is this Journaled business? Should my drive be journaled or whatever?
4)Am I forgetting anything else?