Thread: BitTorrent
View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo-m View Post
Or does a static IP address actually have to be set up? Once I managed to get my internet access working again, I still had the ports set (to 12700) on both my router configuration page and in BitTorrent. I didn't notice much difference in speed though, so I don't know whether that's all I have to do or if there's more.
You probably won't start to notice a substantial speed increase until you're sharing some files in your Bittorrent directory. The idea behind Bittorrent is to avoid "leeches", people who take but don't give. So, the more you give, the more you can take. Does that make sense?
QUOTE Thanks