View Single Post
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Well I bought myself a nice thick case from the Mac Store that fits nicely in my bag. The next day I had to slam on the brakes in my car, and my laptop hit the dash board at about 40 mph. I quickly pulled it out to see what the damage was, and it didn't have a scratch on it. Definitely don't get a thin case, you need something with cushioning.

As for RAM, I've put strictly Corsair VR PC2700 in my Powerbooks and have had perfect results. Keep in mind that you need to get RAM that has the correct timing and non-parity specifications. If the RAM's speed doesn't match the system, that's not a problem, it just might not perform the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr600
What exactly do you mean by a case ?, a "flightcase" type of thing, og just a "scratchbag" ?...

I must admit that I like my ibook alot, and am a bit doubtful about if the Powerbook is right for me. The major drawbacks on my G4 ibook (the reason I'm considering the PB), are mainly the keyboard (too "loose", I tend to type "double letters"), the screensize (I know about the 14" ibook, but think it's too big), and the fact that I can't put put more than 640 mb, RAM in it (means that if I wan't to run e.g. VPC on it, it gets sloooow). '

Still I'm not quite sure if these arguments are good enough for a "switch"... I do take good care of my laptops, but the fact is that I'm going to be bicycling with the thing in my backpack 25-30 km. just about every day, and I am afraid that the PB will end up a mess in a months time...

Regards.

Torben.

PS. Has anyone got any experience as to if the PB is really picky with the RAM ??. I considered moving the 512 mb. from my ibook the the PB, and I can't remember if the darn thing is pc 2100, or 2700...
QUOTE Thanks