View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinelo View Post
Hello!

I've installed Parallels and I'm running Ubuntu Linux in it. Everything works fine, but the screen width smaller than the actual laptop's screen, so there are two vertical black large stripes on each side of the screen when I switch to full screen mode.

Trying other screen configurations doesn't fix it.

Any suggestions of how this can be sorted?

Thanks a lot! xinelo
Parallels will do this on-the-fly with Windows, but unfortunately, I've yet to see a Linux distro that is able to handle resolution changes very well. My guess is that you would have to reconfigure X to detect the window size changes each time you resize in order to have the correct resolution show up in your Display prefs. It should be noted that this is a limitation with Linux more so than a problem with Parallels.
QUOTE Thanks