Thread: Q's about iMac
View Single Post
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

There are lots of PS/2 to USB adapters out there, so don't worry about that. You can use a Microsoft or Windows keyboard with most Macs, but you miss one or two really important keys, like the media eject key. On an iMac this may not be that critical, since you can always eject the media from the desktop anyway.

Apple's basic keyboard is reasonable - not great, but reasonable. Apple's basic mouse, the so called Mighty Mouse is - in my opinion - pretty bad. I replaced it right away when I got a Mac. Went for a nice wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse combo. The Mighty Mouse seems to engender either love or hate. There are lots of folks on both sides.

It sounds like you want a new iMac and Apple's new Apple TV, not a mini. The Apple TV (see their web page for details) looks like a slimmed down mini. It receives streamed media from your iMac and plays it out onto your TV. Get an iMac, the new Airport Extreme (802.11 draft n) and an Apple TV box and you will be set!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks