View Single Post
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I won't disagree on the Windows side, but mac57 raised some interesting points. MS doesn't target consumers, it targets businesses. This article was not really about Windows vs OSX, it was more about the DAP market and the Zune. Much like the X-Box, the Zune is going to have to compete for market share, unlike X-Box, the Zune has to compete in a market with a clearly dominant leader and bunch of other wanna be's. The Game market was lead by Sony, but not the same way or extent that the DAP market is lead by Apple. Sony is so big they shooting themselves in the foot and the PS3 is not as impressive as the X-Box 360 OR the Wii.

The Zune is a good player, but for a company with all of the resources of MS, they could have done better, much better. MS could have come out the gate and "wow'd" the market. Instead, they came out with "just good enough". I'm sure the next Zune will be better, but so will the next iPod, Creative and SanDisk product as well. All the while it seems as if MS loses more and more focus on what their real business is, making Windows. They divert resources to things like X-Box and Zune, but the moneymaker is on the brink of release and it's already getting panned by the corporate and consumer worlds. I'm sure Vista will be nice, but again MS has come out with a "just good enough" product when they could have "wow'd" the computing world.

QUOTE Thanks