View Single Post
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

On the Mac, to get the full scoop on the drive, click on the drive's desktop icon and use the CMD+I keystroke (Get Info). This will pop up a little window that tells you lots of good stuff about the drive, including its format.

To reformat, you need to start Disk Utility, in your Utilities folder (access it with the SHFT+CMD+U keystroke set). Highlight the drive and then click over to the Erase "tab" in the right had part of the Disk Utility window. From there you can select the format type you want and kick off the process.

Do note that formatting can take some time, and it has been my experience that Disk Utility doesn't provide much (if any) feedback while it is doing it. So, you just have to wait it out...

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks