View Single Post
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNewbie View Post
someone had advised me that i could also make a "folder"
on my desktop and put all my pics in there if i'd like

however the thing is when i do that it doesnt give me a
thumbnail preview of the picture like "my pictures" does

also when i click on the picture in the folder
i cant view the next picture
in the sequence as i can in "my pictures"

here's what i do and it works like a charm.

first download Xee. it is a super nice photo viewer that will easily allow moving back and forth within a folder (with apple+ arrow keys, or just with the < > keys). also has some very basic editing in the way MS picture and fax viewer has (rotate basically) and the ability to zoom easily.
my Xee is set as the default image viewer for almost everything but .psd/.raw/.tiff.

next, you can see thumbnails in finder. it's a view option in finder when you right-click in the finder window, there is a preview option. you can also set the size of the icons which will change the size of the thumbnail if the file is a pic.

i also just use the "pictures" folder pre-made for us. added some of my own subfolders, just like you can in the "my pictures" folder in windows OS.

bingo, it's just like windows! (i debated writing it that way, but thought it would be fun to make DB and schweb cringe a bit. )

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks