View Single Post
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by salohcin View Post
I have a friend who's not so sure about switching to a Mac. Her mum has an iBook, and I've been persuading her to make the switch herself, but she thinks that the Mac is too simple to use.

She did say that if there was any possible way of running Windows on a Mac, she would switch in an instant.

Are there any way of getting Windows to run properly on a Mac? I've heard about emulators, but I've been told that they don't always accurately perform like Windows 100%...
This sort of thinking is, IMHO, rather silly. She wants to "switch" but is afraid the OS is to "simple"? What, she dislikes Windows because it is a pain but doesn't know what she'll do with her time if she has an OS that isn't always fighting her and being annoying? Is she afraid that she'll actually have to use the system and become productive and enjoy herself because it works properly 99% of the time? Then why bother switching? She wants to "switch" but to run Windows on it? Why, because she likes the pretty hardware? Again, why bother switching? If you simply want to run Windows on Mac hardware save yourself the trouble, you're always going to have to deal with OSX to some extent no matter how you run Windows, just buy a nice Dell or Gateway or even better a Sony.

If your going to switch, then switch. Seems like most people who do end up not running Windows on their Mac in the end anyhow.

QUOTE Thanks