View Single Post
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

You would be advised to head the warning; "Incorrect audio settings are the main source of out-of-sync audio and video on the timeline". Check the settings for your camera, and then check the setup for your camera in FCP. When I've seen this question asked, this is often the problem.

The other possibility is the camera really does have a flaky problem with FCP when downloading your video.

If you have an uninterrupted segment that is very long, like a half hour then maybe you can gain more information. Here is my idea.

If the sound is out of sync by say one second at the begining and also out of sync by one second at the end, then I'd guess the camera download is just off.

if the sound is out of sync more at the end of the tape than the beginning, then I'd guess your settings are off between the camera and FCP.

I've never had this problem, but if the out of sync timing is consistent, then just shift the audio to compensate. I've done that for fireworks, as sound travels slower than light and the sounds record later than the explosion one sees.

This question may be better asked on the Apple FCP forum. You need to mention your camera model too.
QUOTE Thanks