View Single Post
BrianjG

BrianjG is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21" Imac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I was wondering, if one wanted to, could they just write over the MAc OS and thrun their MB/MBP into a Windows only machine?
Yes you can, I've done it with my intel imac and had no problems at all.

Quote:
To be safe, one could use Carbon Copy Cloner to copy everything to an ED just in case.
or just reload OS X from the installation discs.

Quote:
Personally, I thought I would be using Windows as much as OSX when I bought mine, but I made myself hold off on loading Windows until I got used to the Mac and now feel I will be using Windows very little if at all.
well for me the only reason I bought an intel mac was because of the ablility to run both OS. There are some apps that I cant replace and make a complete switch. At the moment I spend 90% of my time still in XP and will do so until I become more comfortable with OSX (ie perform the same tasks I do in xp without having to go find an FAQ)

I think the ability to dual boot will make more people come over. And I dont see a problem with running a mac with XP 100% of the time. Either way they own a mac.

PS. bootcamp isnt much more then a tool to provide drivers, partition the drive and act as a bootloader. You can simply load an xp disc, boot from it and install without it. Obviously you will lose the ability to boot to OS X.
QUOTE Thanks