View Single Post
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I made myself hold off on loading Windows until I got used to the Mac and now feel I will be using Windows very little if at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
If you wait a few weeks before installing Windows (if this is possible) and give OS X a chance... anything that can be done in either system (browsing, emailing, office stuff, photographs, iTunes etc) you'll want to do in OS X. If you load up Windows immediately, you might end up stuck there, which in my very humble opinion, would be a shame.
This is the best advice out there with regards to BootCamp/Parallels. Zoolook hit the nail on the head, if you load Windows from the get-go, then you are likely to use that crutch more and more often and never get the hang of OS X.
I advise people to wait at least a month or two before putting Windows on their Macs.
Many people claim they are "sick of Windows" and bought the Mac because they wanted a change, something fresh, something different... why then would they ruin that opportunity for something new by immediately mucking it up with the very OS that they were trying to "escape" from?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks