View Single Post
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendel View Post
Do Mac people never store files in ZIP (or another compression format) archives?
To be honest with you, I never have. I just back up to DVDs/CDs without compression and then delete, or just delete what I don't want. Hard drive space being as cheap as it is these days, this is becoming less and less an issue. I've never had much use for Zip or Stuffit other than decompressing stuff I've downloaded.

I don't think compression for backups (or backups for that matter) is as big a deal in the Mac world since shy of a drive just dying you're not likely to have your OS crap out for any other reason. That and the fact that if you do have to reinstall the OS, it doesn't whack your whole partition and it just installs a new copy of the OS and leaves all your user data intact.

QUOTE Thanks