View Single Post
Sydres

preludemd, I recently got a MBP 17' CD2, which I love btw, and I wanted to make sure I got a solid wireless router.

Unfortunately, I've had problems with my Linksys WRT54G. My wife's PC is hardwired into the router, and then I have my MBP and another PC on the network. The WRT54G would drop the connection all the time and I did not get good coverage in a lot of places in my house (about 2000 sq ft). I tried calling support, reseting it, messing with the configurations, but I was never able to get it working properly. Now I am a bit of a noob, so maybe it was operator error, but nevertheless, I began my search for a solid router.

After searching forums and reading reviews, I setteled for the Netgear Rangemax WPN824. Some posts said this router worked very well for them, so I gave it a shot. I loaded the software and I was up in less than 15mins with the same set up - hardwired PC and the MBP and another PC wireless). I have a great connection in every part of my house and it has not dropped a connection in about a month (vs. 4 drops a day before) on the PC or the MBP. Not sure why, but it is just solid. I would recommend this router because ease of setup and stability (btw, I am using WEP) - may not be ideal for expert use.

On a side note, on two occassions, when my MBP waked from sleep, I had to manually connect, not sure why.....
QUOTE Thanks