View Single Post
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

after a few years of solid performance from my WRT54G, i had my cable modem swapped for one that can handle digital voice (by comcast). as soon as this swap was done, i found that my wireless would vanish periodically - just the wireless. if i hook an ethernet cable from the router to my macbook it's rock solid. it does seem to have more of a problem with location now. i can leave my macbook in one place, and move the router around and eventually find a place that it will be ok for hours.
i'm wondering if the new modem is somehow emmitting some sort of interference?

i did, as a troubleshooting measue, download the latest firmware (i was at least two full versions behind). this didn't seem to help - though, luckily, it didn't hurt either.

i think i'm going to try to use a longer crossover cable and move the router farther from the modem...
QUOTE Thanks