View Single Post
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

The site appears to work properly on my G4 Mac running the latest OS X (10.4.8) and the latest Firefox, Version 2.0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook
It's already been said but IE on the Mac is old and probably the last browser you'd want to use.
If your student is running Internet Explorer, she may even be using the ancient Mac OS 9 or earlier.

I booted my machine into OS 9 and tried the site with a Mozilla browser, but not surprisingly it didn't work. A notice appeared telling me to upgrade Flash, which is impossible with that old system. (Even the link to upgrade doesn't work.)

I know you didn't ask for a site critique, but The Oil Factor was a bit confusing. I expected the video to start automatically because all the previous videos had. But the hint to start it by clicking on it appeared only after I had moved the cursor over it to discover whether a click would start it, by which time the hint comes too late. Is it possible to have the "Click to start" notice appear without a cursor hover?

It's a terrific site.
QUOTE Thanks