View Single Post
todditami

todditami is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 1.83GHz - 80GB HD - 2GB RAM - WHITE

I can't answer all of your questions but this is my experience as I just switched over all of my web design /graphics business to a new macbook.

A) I would use an external USB hard drive. Its great for things like this and you can use it for backup! Other ideas would be: a large flash drive (caution not as reliable), a CD or DVD (also good to keep for future backup). You could also use wifi if you really had to but that would be a last option.

B & C) If you post a list of programs that you need to copy/ what you would like to copy in those programs we could help you out better :-)

D) This is what I would do:

If you don't have to sell it before you get your new computer, just start using the Macbook and when you miss something, transfer it over. I was surprised just how much I DID NOT MISS on my old machine (and how happy I am with the non-clutter).

Also if you do have/decide to buy an external hard drive I would just copy my entire hard drive over to the external just in case you forget something. There are obvious files (like a large part of the OS) that you won't ever need, but it may be simpler just to copy the whole darn thing.

E) Good question...

Hope this helps a little!
-Todd

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
QUOTE Thanks