View Single Post
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacWannabe
That's simply not true. States don't [YET] have the authority to collect tax for items purchased in other states.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-art...t_who_doesnt-i
But when you buy it online, you are purchasing it in your home state. If your state collects tax, the tax is still required to be paid.
From your own link:
Quote:
Consumers who live in a state that collects sales tax are technically required to pay the tax to the state even when an Internet retailer doesn't collect it
:black:
I never said that all retailers add on to the selling price, I only stated that some of them do and then turn over the tax to the state later. Whether the retailer charges you or pays the tax themselves, it doesn't change the fact that taxes still must be paid. If the rare occasion arises where the retailer won't charge tax, you the buyer are required to pay it yourself. On the even rarer occasion that the state would audit you and find that taxes weren't paid, you are technically guilty of tax evasion.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks