View Single Post
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi
Macs ARE different, and there IS a learning curve, and Macs DON'T do everything your heart might desire. (It does everything MY heart desires, though ;-) ).
Some of the best advice I have seen in a while.
Macs are fine machines, and yes, I prefer them over Windows. That is because Macs work best for me and what I do. The same can't always be said for the next guy. I have been using Macs for 20 years now, and Windows for just over 10. I have had plenty of time to weigh the pros and cons of each OS and while I still use both platforms, I still prefer Macs.
They ARE different and don't operate in the same fashion that Windows systems do.
If you do decide to get a Mac, then you must forget anything and everything about Windows while you are learning on and working on the Mac. In all my years, that is the only sure-fire way that you will fully understand the Mac OS. Don't look for Mac-equivalent apps for Windows programs. Don't say things like "but, in Windows it was done like _______" or "In Windows, all I had to do was _______".
That doesn't matter if you are working on a Mac. Thinking like Windows is only going to make learning the new OS that much harder.

:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks