View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You are correct on the Chipset probably not supporting SLI now.

It really sounds like you should purchase one of the High End Opteron systems. I know some have SLI but not all. Most of the people I read daily talking about SLI are gamers trying to get that last even 1FPS more. I doubt the Mac Pro will ever support gamers.

I know very much about the Opteron and AMD. I use ALL AMD here in fact except the Macs. Have an AMD Server that has been up over 4 years without a crash. Not one. Running Windows 2k Server in fact which really freaks out some people that it is that stable. BUT, For gettng my work done though, I would rather run OSX any day of the week. That is why for me I will eventually purchase a Mac Pro. For anything I would ever do, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD and the Video options they provide will be fine for me. If I need more storage, I would opt for some of the nice External FW800 RAID drives or External SATA Raid.

Also I want to say, I am not trying to be hard on you or trying to disagree in any way. I understand what you need and want. To me it looks like for at least the present you should go with an Opteron solution so you can have everything you need. Hope whatever you do end up buying turns out to give you the system you really need.

...Dennis