. Is there some OSX size limit of 128GB which means I need to partition the 200GB drive into 2 partitions of (say) 100GB each? If so, how do I do this when only 128GB seems to be available? The limitation is not the software but the G4 hardware" /> Mac Forums - View Single Post - problems with new hard drive - initialization and size
View Single Post
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
1. Is there some OSX size limit of 128GB which means I need to partition the 200GB drive into 2 partitions of (say) 100GB each? If so, how do I do this when only 128GB seems to be available?
The limitation is not the software but the G4 hardware itself, due to the disk bus. Which G4 do you have?

The only way you are going to see the 200 is break the disk into partitions.
QUOTE Thanks