View Single Post
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

i would not saying buying the fully loaded quad g5 is rash.. I actually love mine.. but thats besides the point.
I would buy the most you can afford. Tomorrow is WWDC and I am read that the powermac replacement will be released, and I feel that if it is going to be released any time soon, then tomorrow would be the big time to do that, because all the world is watching. I would buy that if you have the money, you seam to like to keep computers for a long time, and I think that computer will last the longest into the future. Other wise I would buy a iMac core duo, and instal the ram myself because it saves money (although with the quad I just had them do it looking at the inside of that would require you to take out a few things to get access to the ram and that was not worth my time. I am only telling you this incase you decide to do the rash thing) The next option if you are still stuck on ppc would be to get a used powermac g5 low end, single processor or lower clocked dual processor, what ever you can find for a low price. Good luck getting your new computer.

post script: I would keep that computer as a itunes server if that function is still working for you, why replace something that still works? I would just expand and put that computer else where, where i can provide you your music while keeping your hard drive on your new computer empty for your songs you are going to record.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks