View Single Post
Brigadeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi
You can definitely use iMovie and make a movie that can be moved to a PC. iDVD though poses a bit of a problem, because it-s so closed in what it outputs (iDVD project or direct burn-to-disc). I'm not on my mac right now, but check the export options iDVD has. Maybe soem Image or so is there.

You could of course use Toast to make a DVD image, or use toast and make a VCD instead of a DVD, which is no problem on a normal Drive.
I just got my MacBook the other day. Which program comes with it I wonder, iMovie or iDVD? Do both programs essentially do the same thing?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just trying to figure out the easiest way to do this.

Edit- Well, I see that iMovie comes as part of the iLife 06 suite, which comes standard on the MacBook, so I am set there and would be using iMovie for sure.

Soooooooooo I guess I am back to this question. Would it be better to save the file to some external memory and burn on my desktop, or to purchase an external DVD burner to be able to complete the process?
QUOTE Thanks