View Single Post
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

The first of the two articles is misleading - it says that they got into the machine "by hacking the "low-level" computer code that communicates between the machine and internal & external wireless solutions" whereas the other one doesn't say that. Until I read the other one, it sounded very much like they'd released compromised drivers masquerading as an update or something.

I always find lower level hacking interesting, because it moves the focus. All the firewalls, network scanners and encryption in the world can't save you if an exploit operates beneath them all. This is the reason I always maintain that the record and movies industries will never beat piracy. At some point, that DRMd, locked down, region encoded, encrypted stream has to be reduced to the raw bits and bytes in order to be sent to the screen or speakers. Hijack it at that point, and everything built on top is a waste of time.
QUOTE Thanks