View Single Post
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

After working on the problem a little more, I am no further ahead. However, I have refined the requirements at least. What I need most critically is for the Mac to act as an NFS server, so that one of Linux boxes can mount its hard drive as accessible storage. The Linux box in question is set up properly for this - it will happily NFS mount the other Linux box in my humble little home network. Since each of those boxes is running a different Linux distro, I am assuming that I have it set up correctly, not that I am getting away with it since they are both the same distro (which they aren't).

So, I have a properly configured NFS client trying to NFS mount the Mac, but all I get is a message at the client side when I attempt the NFS mount saying simply "connection refused by server"... and this only after a 30s wait or so. On the Mac itself, I have been unable to find any logs that would help me pin point the problem.

I have downloaded and used the apparently well regarded NFS Manager shareware to do the Mac OS X set up of the Mac folder I am exporting (making visible on NFS) and so all of this ought to be correct. Any pointers from anyone? Thanks!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks