View Single Post
simongarfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
I too, agree with this mentality. If you want or need the system now, then get it now. There is no sense in waiting for an update that will only be replaced with another update, which will only be replaced with another update, which will only be replaced with another update, which will only be replaced with another update....etc.
From my experience, the updates that Apple implements have more often than not been minimal at best.
No...it really is not noticable. What would make a difference is how you use the computer and what apps you need. Even then, more RAM would make a much more tangible difference, NOT proc speed. Especially if the proc speed is less than a 500 Mhz change.
Agreed. My orig. PB G4 was the 1.33ghz. 1 month later the 1.67ghz came out for what I originally paid for my 1.33ghz. My buddy bought one and we compared machines. There were virtually the same via benchmarks.

Apple will always make newer machines, just buy the one you can afford afford. Bottomline is the new intel chips are much , much faster than the G4's and G5's, so ou really can't go wrong. They even our perform any PC of equivilent specs in Proc speed and ram. Simply by buying apple over PC, you are getting the best possible machine avail in its SPEC range on the market.

peace,

jimbo :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks