View Single Post
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1
Thanks baggss for this advice

What did you mean by "unmount the X drive"? How do you do that?

I think I will give it a try and put OS 8.6 on my 12 GIG drive and OS 10.4 Tiger on my 250 GIG drive.

When working in OS 8.6 (or 9) I found this helpful article about OSX files you should not touch:
http://www.macmaps.com/safetodeleteormove.html

otherwise I think I will be OK running the two OSes on the same computer - but as you indicate, I will keep them on separate volumes to be safe - to avoid possible conflicts. In fact they will be on separate drives to be extra safe.

Thanks baggss
When you boot to OS8, the HDD with X may mount on the desktop. Simply drag the drive icon to the tash can and it will "unmount". This will not cause any damage to the drive, it will simply not be recognized by 8 until you either remount it or reboot 8.

QUOTE Thanks