View Single Post
Left Face Down

Since about last September, well that's when the first major problems started, it seems Windows has waged some unholy war on me. Lets see here...

HP Laptop:
2 HDD died (original and then replacement 7 months after replacement)
Mutliple heating problems (fans replaced 3+ times)
Finally my laptop wouldn't boot off a CD, nor boot into Windows so it was replaced by Best Buy...

Sony Vaio Desktop:
HDD died
Not exactly sure why, but seems to have some sort of memory problem even though the memory passes Memtest86 easy. Just runs slower than all **** out of the blue.

Sony Vaio Desktop (parents):
Some one hacked this one, so atleast it makes sense. However, there was an error which kept popping up even after a reformat. I ran Anti-Spyware and Anti-Virus in safe mode which cured the problem, even though the A/V and A/S found NOTHING.

9 year old custom comp:
"Primary Master Hard Disk Fail"
I took out the HDD and threw it in my Vaio as a secondary drive, works perfectly fine. I have no clue why in the **** this computer wouldn't work.

5 year old comp friend gave me:
After a week my friend gives it to me it starts beeping. The mother board is dying...

Ok... so my laptop didn't even last 2 years, my desktop is 5 years old and my parents desktop is 3. Continueing on...

Sony Vaio Laptop (2 weeks old):
Over the last week it has been booting up slower and slower, often pointing to a dying HDD. Over night it goes from taking maybe 50 seconds to boot, which was way longer that the prior week, to 7 minutes. WTF?

Just for the record, out of my computers the only ones who ever took more than 50 seconds to boot was the 9 year old computer and this old 95' computer I have which takes near 20 minutes to boot now a days. Poor thing hasn't been turned on in years though.
QUOTE Thanks