View Single Post
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Graham
I'm trying to install two Wester Digital 120GB SATA II 3.0 (WD Caviar SE, WD1200JB Enhanced IDE) hard drives in my G5 Quad 2.5 GHz and the Mac connectors do not match the pins on the hard drives. Are there adapters for this conversion, will a different manufacturer's SATA3 3.0 drive plug in, or should I give up and go for another stock (slower) SATA2 drive?
I don't think there are adapters. The documentation that comes with the Quad very specifically says SATA and not SATA3 so I suspect you may have to go with a slower drive.

Whatever you figure out, please let me know. I'll be looking to put another drive in my Quad and would like to know as well.

QUOTE Thanks