View Single Post
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum
there are currently 2 types of imacs available, the intel and the G5 one. which is better? apple spent a lot of time and hype and fuss about how wonderful the G5 was, and now the intel is many times faster??? it doesn't make sense. my question is,

which one:
will have the best support for software in the future?
boots faster?
runs programs faster (like internet, garage band, etc)?
has more overclocking potential?

i'm also serious about that last one, so don't hold back on your comments and answers!!!

thx a bunch, and it's great to be back
yes apple hyped the g5 a lot and it is extremely wonderful i am using it right now and cant even hit the potential of my dual 2.7ghz powermac. but technology happened and the new intels are better, that is the way technology rolls. product a comes out and "OMG THIS IS THE BESTEST EVER" and then product b comes out and "THIS IS NOW THE BEST AND THIS MUCH BETTER THAN PRODUCT A"

best future support is the intels because by the end of the year there will be no more ppc computers made by apple.

which runs programs faster? universal programs will run faster on the intels, non-universal programs will have to be emulated and may run slower until a universal or intel only version is released

boots faster? they both boot fast

overclocking? if you are going to buy a g5 make sure to buy two of them. this is why: once you overclock your g5 and screw it up so bad the computer is rendered useless you will have another g5 sitting there that you will not attempt to overclock overclocking an intel machine? i dont think anyone really knows too much about that yet bc it is a relatively new processor

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks