Member Since: Mar 11, 2004
Mac Specs: G4 — Tiger and OS 9
04-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Is it a French keyboard? Perhaps it doesn't match the language you're using. The Finder's Help menu in a search for keyboard hauled up this:
Finding characters for different languages on your keyboard
You can use the Keyboard Viewer to see where characters are located on keyboards used for other languages. For example, you can see how the keys on an Italian keyboard are laid out.
The Keyboard Viewer shows the characters for the keyboard layout or input method selected in the Input menu. For example, if U.S. is chosen in the Input menu, you see the characters that appear on a U.S. keyboard in the Keyboard Viewer.
1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click International.
2. Click Input Menu, then select the checkbox next to Keyboard Viewer.
3. Select the On checkbox next to the country's keyboard layout or input method.
4. Choose Show Keyboard Viewer from the Input menu on the right side of the menu bar (the one that looks like a flag).
5. To see the keyboard layout for a different country, choose its keyboard layout from the Input menu.
You can also use the Character Palette to see and type characters used in different languages. For more information, click the link below.
Open this for me