View Single Post
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Macs (under Tiger) can read from NTFS formatted drives, but can't write to them. Windows uses NTFS and Fat32. Macs can read and write to Fat32 (up to 4GB), so format the HD to Fat32 and you'll have a very usable external drive.

...or you could format it to HFS+ (what Macs are supposed to use) and get a program for Windows that allows it to read/write HFS+. This depends on which machine you use more I guess.

EDIT: I guess I'll include some simple instructions on how to format it, if you eventually do format the drive. As you probably know, formatting ERASES the drive. So back up everything before you do this.

1. Double-Click on system hard drive.
2. Open Applications folder --> then Utilities folder.
3. Double-Click on Disk Utility.
4. Choose the drive from the left side of the screen that you want to format.
5. Click on the Erase Tab.
6. Choose the file system (Fat32 if you want to easily share between Windows and Mac) and click Erase.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks