View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywong87
Why cant Apple just design the Macs to support the Window/DOS formats? Such a .exe

And, why dont the Macs just come with a codec that supports all the different media types? I mean, not even QT Pro supports every media format.

Thanks in advance. =D

The Codec part I am all for as it would make it easier for the end user that really does not know a lot about searching for codecs on the web. At least support AVI out of the box anyway. You can find the Codecs you need though on the Web for most everything right in Quicktime. Whatever else that will not play should work fine in VLC.

As far as .exe, that is a DOS/Windows Executable, OSX is unix based and will not run Windows or Dos EXE files. The only way is Windows or DOS or an Emulator. If Apple EVER switches from OSX to Windows I am out of here! If I wanted a true Windows machine I would buy one and have many.

I bought a Mac for OSX. No other reason.
QUOTE Thanks