View Single Post
Kar98

Kar98 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2

My PC with 1GB of RAM and a P4 2.8 CPU just died and after having used Windows (3.1 thru XP Pro) since the days of yore when a 386 with 4 megs of RAM was state of the art, I've finally had it. I never played much in the way of games anyway, so that wasn't an issue.
I just couldn't be bothered anymore with the constant maintenance, the annoyances that haven't been fixed in generations, the overheating, the hardware conflicts, the dozen security vulnerabilities every week, the software updates...so a few days after the Mintels got announced, I ordered one of the last few G4 minis, maxed it out in options and still got a deal on it. May not be a screaming fast machine, but it's quiet, cool, does almost everything I need it to do and in the 4 days that I had it, I got a better handle on the OS than a beginner might get in 4 years of Windows. Now I'm kicking myself for not having done The Switch years ago. Oh well. Wondering if I shouldn't go on eBay and replace the other two PCs with some PowerMacs, too, leaving just one spare PC for running those few programs that don't have an equivalent on this one.

I has a signijer.
QUOTE Thanks