View Single Post
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I own the movie and I have also read the book it was based on "Fire in the Valley". It is more or less accurate, only a few "Hollywood" things were added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesP2001
The movie gave some of my friends a very negative impression of Apple Computer and Steve Jobs specifically. They now feel that Jobs is a kind of slave driver and thief as far as the Xerox GUI. I personally think that the Lisa OS and Mac OS were nothing like Xerox when those computers debuted.
And yes, if you read the book and watch the PBS documentary "Triumph of the Nerds", you will see that both Jobs and Gates were both cutthroat, slave driving individuals. The movie accurate in that respect. Apple also stole the Xerox GUI almost to the letter. Xerox did take Apple to court for that and the case was eventually thrown out... much like Apple's subsequent and similar cases against Microsoft.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.