View Single Post
geekboy2000

geekboy2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A

This might be worth making a sticky somewhere, as it took me some real hunting to find the solution.

If you experience this issue, view the console output when iPhoto fails to work properly (full screen mode). If you see the following, what's below will likely resolve it for you.

+[CIPlugIn _addPlugIn:allowNonExecutable:]: selector not recognized

Entering that exact error in Google, I found this:

http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?p=279658

Thanks to user 3guk there, who posted what follows, my iPhoto functionality is restored. Note that I used "get info" to first change the permissions so that the "move" would work. I also found it easier, once the framework was moved to "old" to simply drag the files from the OS X install disc. I then, set the permissions back as they were. Here's what fixed it:

Open a terminal window : less /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleAppSupport.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/version.plist

If in there you see a version number that is 1.2 then you have found your problem, it should be version 1.4 and has been causing problems for many.

If you have version 1.2 rather than 1.4 then do the following in terminal : mv /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleAppSupport.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleAppSupport.framework.old

Then with your Tiger install DVD inserted then : cp -pr /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleAppSupport.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/

If you have a tiger update DVD then use the following : cp -pr /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Update\ DVD/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleAppSupport.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
QUOTE Thanks