View Single Post
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I think we're on the same page. "Copy as DNG" is the default options, so it creates a copy and puts it in its own library. "Add" does the same thing as iPhoto's referencing option.

What annoys me is when people say they don't like iPhoto making multiple (as in two) copies of their photos, so they're going to switch to Lightroom (or Aperture) instead, when the default in both programs is to make a copy of the originals!

Plenty of good reasons to use something other than iPhoto -- but that isn't one of them, that's all.
I use copy as dng off of my cf cards Chas, so no additional secondary copies until I export for screen or print. The ease of moving files from one machine to another (keeping the Lr modifications, metadata etc in tact) is also appealing for those of us who do. It also handles "edit in" much better then iPhoto. Not to mention the used of multiple discs for storage. None of this should come as a surprise though, Lr is a professional app, aperture is close but I don't like the UI.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks