View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclev View Post
I believe that while a person had the "right" to not have their phone searched, it was a gray area that was being exploited. Technology has created a whole new set of issues and the new ruling has provided clarity. Cellphones have come along and created a whole wealth of information - especially for law enforcement. Come on, we use them like they are our life line, recording all kinds of things, creating a target rich environment.

Next will be our ipads - I carry mine in my purse - doesn't everyone??? And just wait...with the wearables on the horizons that too will raise questions.

Lisa
It seems that part of the reason for not allowing the search of cell phones without a warrant is the realization of just how much data people store on them. Including information, such as financial data, that law enforcement doesn't usually have access to without a valid search warrant. I think it's a logical extension of the ruling to apply the warrant requirement to iPads, wearables, and similar devices.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks