View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
The Fourth Amendment to the US constitution prohibits unreasonable search and seizure.
Then how did that one justice argue that confiscation of personal property wasn't unreasonable? I fear that I'm missing important details about this case (was it about confiscating it once you've been arrested already?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
What constitute's "reasonable cause" ?? Where is that line drawn ?
Here, it's been debated at the Supreme Court in R v. Lifchus (that's more about reasonable doubt but I imagine that some of those principles might apply including presumed innocence and logical connection to evidence).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
If that meant a choke hold, enough to loose consciousness for a few seconds so we could zip tie there hands together, so be it, so 'reasonable' is very very subjective.
I don't know about Australia but I'm fairly confident that a choke hold wouldn't fly in any jurisdiction here as reasonable force.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post

Last edited by vansmith; 07-05-2014 at 10:57 AM.
QUOTE Thanks