View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

So, I cloned the drive last night and notified the owner (my girlfriend) that this is likely what's happening. After I told her, I started listening and noticed that there are the tell tale infrequent clicks suggesting that this dying hard drive theory might have its merits here. Thankfully, I've got a few extra HDs lying around so I'm going to try a replacement tonight. Here's hoping that this is the case - the computer is slow as molasses.

The TM slowdowns seems to have magically corrected themselves. Yesterday, it was estimating 20+ days and this morning, it was down to 2 hours.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks