Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
05-30-2014, 12:56 AM
Some things to look into:
1. In the Activity Monitor app there are a couple of statitics that are worth keeping an eye on (page outs and swap file). When these get large...things slow down. The less ram someone has & the more hours someone uses their computer...the faster these stats get large...and slow things down. For this...4gig of ram is not bad...but 8gig is better. To remedy this situation (regardless of the amount of ram)...restart the computer every once & a while. This resets these stats to zero.
2. If your HD is getting over 80% full (approx.)...this can slow things down.
- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery