View Single Post
Gren

Gren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Go to your iTunes preferences and select "manually manage music.......". Then make sure you only select "Tones" from the side menu when you have your 4s connected. Grab the new ringtone and drop it into the "Tones" on your 4s. That will not remove any of your music or other ringtones that you have on the phone and will add the new ringtone. That's how I add new ringtones to my 5c.

Of course before doing anything to your iPhone always back it up first to your computer and also to iCloud. If you accidentally mess up, you can always restore it. By the way, I'm on iOS 7.1.1 but it should be the same even for iOS 6.
There's no option in iTunes preferences to manually manage music etc. and when I check the box in the phone's options I get the "The iPhone “My iPhone” is synced with another iTunes library on “My iMac”. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?" warning. Clearly it's the fact that the library has changed that's causing the problem. I may have to bite the bullet and erase everything and re-sync the new library.

I've tried dragging the tone to the phone but it doesn't work. Thanks.

Last edited by Gren; 05-29-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Clarity
QUOTE Thanks