View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianzag View Post
Actually, pigoo didn't tell me to do that at all.
That's because the way you installed the OS is really not the way to do it. Why would I recommend to someone to do something that's not the proper way??

If you wanted to jump out of a plane...why would I recommend you jump without a parachute...when jumping out of an airplane with a parachute is the proper way to do it??

Do an internet search. 99% of the time...the instructed way to do an OS install properly is to boot the computer from the install media. I would probably have to do some serious internet searching to find anyone that recommends installing/upgrading the OS by NOT booting the computer from the install media.

By not booting from the OS 10.6 install media to do the install...what probably happened was...you installed a 2nd set of OS files. The 10.6 set of files is now the "active set" (since it is a newer version)...and the older 10.4 files are now an "archived set".

Those old 10.4 OS files are now just taking up extra space on your hard drive. And for folks running out of hard drive space...those gigabytes of storage space being taken up by the 10.4 files are now just a waste of HD storage space!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks