View Single Post
Randy B. Singer

Randy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJS View Post
Thanks, pigoo3 and chscag.

The correct time zone is selected. I find this behavior troubling because it's an anomaly: the time always used to be correct, and then, for some reason, it started displaying the wrong time. What might account for this change? It's a 2011 iMac. I'll look into Pram and SMC.
You need a new PRAM battery (not to be confused with a PRAM reset). You are lucky. Often the first sign that your PRAM battery has died is that your date and time are wrong. But sometimes the first sign that your PRAM battery is dead is that your Mac will completely refuse to start!

There's good news and bad news about replacing your PRAM battery. The good news is that the battery is common and cheap. It is a CR2032 coin cell that you can get at someplace like WalMart's jewelry department for less than $5. The bad news is that it is a bear to replace. I recommend that you have a repair place do it. If you are handy, here are instructions:

iMac Intel 21.5" EMC 2428 PRAM Battery Replacement - iFixit

Randy B. Singer

Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
QUOTE Thanks