Thread: English?
View Single Post
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checco View Post
My point was not about the use of casual language - read the original post. I did also state that I'm not an English professor and I'm sure that I do also make the odd grammatical error. I also do read my posts before submitting them, i.e. I make an effort. Can this be compared to the posts we've all seen?

One thing is certain though: trying to make a point about something that would benefit everyone is clearly a waste of time here.
An English professor I am not either. I am also tri-lingual and didn't speak English as my primary language until my teens..

That being said, there is value in trying to get people to write posts in a non-IM, non-4 word way, but a quick glance at the posts show that people think we are Google and frequently post "I have a problem, help me fix it" with absolutely no information..

The proper use of English is less of an issue, the real issue (at least for a technical forum built around helping/teaching/learning about Apple products) is the lack of information in the posts..

I'm severely distressed at the rapid decline of the use of the English language around me from people who speak no other language. You'd think people would make a conscious effort to speak/write it well, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I believe the initial alphanumeric texting phase before the keyboard came to the smartphones is largely to blame for the atrocious writing as well as the educational standards in our country.

Now if you think any of us are disagreeing with your attempt to add benefit to the forum, you are mistaken. It's just that having been around long enough in these and other forums and the Internet, it's a cause that isn't won with a single post..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks