05-11-2014, 08:11 AM
I am considering buying a MacBook. (Please note that this would be my first mac.) The ones that I can afford are:
1) 13" MacBook Air, 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 4GB DDR3, 128GB Flash
2) 13" MacBook Air with Retina display, 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 4GB DD3, 128GB Flash
And I have a couple of questions:
1. Is the Air as strong (I mean physically) as the Pro?
2. How long is the lifetime of a Flash drive?
3. Are Windows ultrabooks with the same hardware cheaper or more expensive? (Could you please recommend some good Windows alternatives?)
4. In general, what are the pros of MacBooks over Windows laptops?
5. I was also thinking if Apple was about to update it's models. How often does that happen? Are there any rumors about the new models? Should I wait?
6. Which one (Air or Pro) would you recommend and why?
Thank you very much